Friday, July 1, 2011

Backyard Warfare

In this post, a couple of photos I did for fun of the new Max Force Shadow Hawk. Basically, they are shots I needed for my other blog, so I decided to play around with some night shots. I used the EOS utility program that came with the camera to control all the settings and including shutter speed through my laptop.

Starting with the first pic below, I used a 1 min 15 sec shutter open time, ISO 100 and aperture 4.5 (widest my lens would go for that zoom length). In post processing, I de-saturated every colour other than red and orange.


For this next one, I used the same setting as the previous, but I walked by with a red light to see what the result would look like. I also had another red light set up to shine from the back of the gun to give the red glow effect underneath. Turned out as I thought, leaving a red trail through the picture. Later I tried writing words with the light, and while it kind of worked, the letters were overlapped (you can't exactly see what you're writing).


The last one, I used a 1 min 45 sec open time, and saturated the colours a bit more in post processing. It's always pretty cool to see long exposure pictures with a blue sky, when in actual fact it was quite late at night when I took the shot.


Finally, if you have the chance to get your hands on a Max Force Shadow Hawk, take it. For a toy spitball gun, It's awesome!

1 comment:

  1. These would make solid wallpapers, keep up the good work!

    - Jason, Basic Nerf

    ReplyDelete