Monday, October 10, 2011

Messing around with HDR

HDR (or high dynamic range) photography is very much untouched territory for me, until now. In the last few days I have been screwing around with my camera and photoshop to make HDR images via trial and error, because I really love the whole surreal look of some HDR photos for some reason.


I have to be honest, I'm not very good at them at all, but I'm slowly improving. So here is the single fruit of my work so far, a HDR photo of a Nerf Recon. Like it, or hate it, because I can't really decide what side of the fence I'm on with this one.

3 comments:

  1. I like it... it almost makes the picture look like box art or something more "fake" like that. Kind of over-produced to look like it was a real picture you took, which makes it neat for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's the kind of effect I was going for I guess, kind of "fake" looking. There's a lot of HDRs out there that are real looking, but still excessively detailed, that's the side of things I haven't worked out yet haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. It could almost pass for a really well-done CGI.

    ReplyDelete