Friday, February 1, 2013

Almost Alien

Insects are cool. Flying insects are even cooler. So, up close and personal with a cicada should be a cool photo, right? They look almost like a creature from another world in detail, but kind of beautiful at the same time. I haven't posted anything to this blog in ages because I haven't really had the time to spend on photography lately to produce anything I'm happy with, but 10 minutes of free time and a rouge cicada in my house finally gave me something I was a little happy with.



For these I used my little old Canon 1000D with the 18-55mm kit lens, though I would have liked to have used a CPL filter to take out the bright reflections from the flash and bring out some richer colours in the cicada. I might invest in a black backdrop soon so I can use a more powerful flash without having to balance having a dark room and bright subject. After this, I let the little fella go on his way. Probably got eaten by a bat, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment